Thursday, February 22, 2007

I’ve never been a really huge Halo player, but I do enjoy the game. I have a couple of friends who are really into it and we’ve managed to get a 16 player system link going off of four TV’s. I will admit that even though I’m not huge on Halo, those have been some of the more fun times in my multiplayer experience of videogames.

I believe one of the charms of this game is that it gives you so many options to do different things with the game, as seen with my example of having up to 16 players in the same room as you. It is similar to the extent of what we had viewed in class today also. An interview done within a game world is just another option that can be done with the game, or even a comedy as seen with Red vs. Blue.

The game creates this own virtual world that people can live in, it’s a world within a world. Everyone comes up with different ways to utilize the world that allows them to seek some sort of enjoyment or relief. This is similar to what the interview was saying about locking on with a gun and being able to shoot. The same could be said for all the different variations that can be made within the game. Such as all the different game modes, or warthog jumping, or even people coming up with their own multiplayer games. Much like the real world, everyone adjusts and does different things within this world to bring a sense of enjoyment.

The options within Halo seem to be endless and will most likely be expanded upon when Halo 3 comes out. As for one more example of the world of Halo being changed, I’ll leave with this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eZIwb_PpF8

It ties in Zelda and Halo in an entertaining way.

No comments: